Monday, January 2, 2012

Once again, I give you...

Well, here we are again - the second day of a New Year.  Last year, I attempted to set out some resolutions, and of course succeeded in some and failed miserably in others.  But that is life!  We can plan to attempt to do something, but the course that is laid out for us will not set us up to do those things, or we are simply lazy.  I like to look at it as choice #1.  : )

This year, I am determined to do a few things, once again.  So, here we go... again:

1. I will NOT eat at McDonald's this year.  Lately, anytime that I succumb to eating there quickly as I am out and about it leaves me anything but satisfied - actually feeling mostly greasy and a little heartache-ey.  So, McDonald's, you are out.  It's been real, but something changed.  Whether it was me or you, who can say?  I can't really say, "It's not you, it's me," because I am pretty sure it is you - it has always been you!

2. I am going to read more.  I don't think I want to put a number on this, because that is not what I am getting at.  I read a lot, mostly for my day job.  Mostly things that are interesting, but not typically something I would just love to sit down and read.  So, aside from what I have to do, I want to read more.  I want to read more stories, read more books on theology, read that Bonhoeffer bio that has been sitting on my shelf since it came out to print.  You know?  I want to read more!  And for those of you who are like me, feel free to check this amazing site out to keep track of what you read.

3. I am going to lose weight.  It has to be done.  I am the ripe age of 29, which means that if the world is still kicking on my doomsday birthday, I will be turning 30 this year.  Apparently things shift and change and all sorts of stuff, so I need to lose weight and get some sort of stability in this area before the great shift happens.  In order to achieve this goal, I am using livestrong to log my calorie intake and accountability to keep me working out!  Yep, I am actually being held accountable to make sure that my butt is moving!

I think that is it.  As always, there is the general niceties like write more often, stay on budget, be more friendly to people (I am told that I have a wall), and the like - but I want to keep things simple this year.  So, there you have it.  What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. I have that Bonhoeffer bio sitting on my shelf too. Alas... maybe after comps.

    ReplyDelete